- Townsquare expects no growth in broadcast -- actually a decline (ex-political) in the out years which is driving their move to consider radio a mature cash cow income source – growth will come from digital.
- Are you SURE they are not a radio company?
- A clinic for Audacy and iHeart on managing debt.
- Next year will be very different.
Report Newstips here
Previously: Amazon’s Commercial Free Podcast Blitz … Only 2 Radio Groups are Profitable … iHeart Deal Buzz… Could Audacy’s Board Do a Disney CEO Firing? … Audacy & Beasley Destroy their Vegas Station Swap … Radio’s Role in Taylor Swift’s Success … A Recession Would Trip Radio Layoffs … Shakeup in Station Management … Townsquare Distances Itself from Radio… Audacy Burning Cash and Adding Debt … Saga’s Hidden Problems …
You may also like: What Now for Audacy … iHeart Stalling Another Bankruptcy … Preview of Tomorrow’s Audacy Revenue Reveal … Radio Groups Drowning in Debt … iHeart Targeting Audacy … “Commercial-Free” Hours Killing Morning Shows … Cumulus Masquerading 3rd Quarter Fail … Scott Shannon’s Forced Retirement… The Future of Free Radio … Attitudes About Radio Are Changing
Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is just public relations -- George Orwell
- Blowback Over Audacy’s $825,000 Employee Contract
- Programming to Short Attention Spans
- How ChatGPT Can Help a Radio Station
- Radio Groups Pressured to Cut Staff
- Video Podcasts More Popular Than Audio
- How Radio Will Beat FTC’s Non-Compete Ban
- Audacy Bankruptcy Becoming More Likely
- Townsquare May Shut More AM Stations
- Audacy On a Spending Spree
- iHeart Suckers 43 Air Personalities