- Over indebtedness and failure to monetize scaled down on-air content are responsible for a virtual collapse of radio monopolies as growth businesses.
- The on-air content they are moving toward.
- A new twist on out of market management.
- And yes, they’re going there – sales shakeup in advance of the recession.
Report Newstips here
Previously: Townsquare Distances Itself from Radio… Audacy Burning Cash and Adding Debt … Saga’s Hidden Problems … What Now for Audacy … iHeart Stalling Another Bankruptcy … Preview of Tomorrow’s Audacy Revenue Reveal … iHeart Targeting Audacy … “Commercial-Free” Hours Killing Morning Shows… Cumulus Masquerading 3rd Quarter Fail … Scott Shannon’s Forced Retirement … The Future of Free Radio
Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is just public relations -- George Orwell
- Only 2 Radio Groups Are Profitable
- iHeart Deal Buzz
- Could Audacy’s Board Do a Disney CEO Firing?
- A Beasley Bankruptcy to Watch
- Audacy & Beasley Destroy Their Vegas Station Swap
- Radio’s Role in Taylor Swift’s Success
- A Recession Would Trip Radio Layoffs
- Townsquare Distances Itself from Radio
- Audacy Burning Cash and Adding Debt
- Saga’s Hidden Problems