- Look only to the pandemic which was used as an excuse by radio consolidators to reduce their work forces for guidance on what will happen if a recession actually occurs.
- The reason the big 3 consolidators would actually welcome a recession.
- Revised bankruptcy dates for struggling consolidators (and why).
- The type of radio station that will breeze through any economic downturn.
Join my witness protection program -- report Newstips here
Previously: Shakeup in Station Management … Townsquare Distances Itself from Radio… Audacy Burning Cash and Adding Debt … Saga’s Hidden Problems … What Now for Audacy … iHeart Stalling Another Bankruptcy … Preview of Tomorrow’s Audacy Revenue Reveal … iHeart Targeting Audacy … “Commercial-Free” Hours Killing Morning Shows… Cumulus Masquerading 3rd Quarter Fail … Scott Shannon’s Forced Retirement
Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is just public relations -- George Orwell
- Employees Win Action Against Cumulus and Still Lose
- Uncounted Radio Streams
- Audacy Reverse Stock Split Set for May 25
- A Warning About Vinyl
- The Secret Fight to Takeover Audacy
- Automakers Are Considering Removing Free FM
- A Pivotal Year for iHeart
- Uncharacteristically Negative Field Is Up to Something
- The Arrival of AI-Powered DJs
- A Warning About iHeart Local Ad Sales