- Amazon is quietly getting ready to disrupt the podcasting industry and more specifically blow away radio’s perceived built-in advantage by going commercial-free.
- A tactic that could further damage iHeart, Audacy and other radio companies.
- And there’s this: new way to make podcast discovery easier.
- Radio’s podcast infrastructure may have to be reinvented.
Report Newstips here
Previously: Only 2 Radio Groups are Profitable … iHeart Deal Buzz … Could Audacy’s Board Do a Disney CEO Firing? … Audacy & Beasley Destroy their Vegas Station Swap … Radio’s Role in Taylor Swift’s Success … A Recession Would Trip Radio Layoffs … Shakeup in Station Management … Townsquare Distances Itself from Radio… Audacy Burning Cash and Adding Debt … Saga’s Hidden Problems … What Now for Audacy …
You may also like: iHeart Stalling Another Bankruptcy … Preview of Tomorrow’s Audacy Revenue Reveal …Radio Groups Drowning in Debt … iHeart Targeting Audacy … “Commercial-Free” Hours Killing Morning Shows… Cumulus Masquerading 3rd Quarter Fail … Scott Shannon’s Forced Retirement … The Future of Free Radio … Attitudes About Radio Are Changing … Radio Pressured to Sell Podcasting Ads
Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is just public relations -- George Orwell
- Blowback Over Audacy’s $825,000 Employee Contract
- Programming to Short Attention Spans
- How ChatGPT Can Help a Radio Station
- Radio Groups Pressured to Cut Staff
- Video Podcasts More Popular Than Audio
- How Radio Will Beat FTC’s Non-Compete Ban
- Audacy Bankruptcy Becoming More Likely
- Townsquare May Shut More AM Stations
- Audacy On a Spending Spree
- iHeart Suckers 43 Air Personalities