I know, I know – they’re ALL unsafe except for the greedy bastards at corporate doing all the firing.
But some jobs are safer than others as you’re about to see and some, well – the handwriting is on the wall.
But one position is being targeted for elimination this year and when one group discovers a new way to cut costs, they all usually follow.
If you’re already a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story go for it, here is what you will get.
- It’s a new category – people radio groups stayed away from for the past ten years.
- Clusterf@#ks: 30 people fired in one market alone, only 5 left standing and these savings are without eliminating this job that they are jonsing to get rid of.
- What about multiple market program directors? Safe now that so many have been fired or unsafe?
- iHeart has automated selling, but there are still some sellers who they can’t fire -- or can they?
- The job you don’t want to have in radio because – and I’m saying it publicly – because owners are coming to take you away.
The answers begin here.
If you would like to read this story, see an option to gain access to my entire archive of 2,997 pieces and get daily email delivery, see your choices here …
When you see or hear news, report it here. $100 for the best tip of the month. $1,000 for the best tip of the year. You’re anonymous in my Witness Protection Program.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
Next Year’s Philly Conference Date -- April 6, 2016. Our attendees call it a “life changing” event. Explore.
Sign up to get these teasers every day for free here
About Inside Music Media: Read by more people than any other media newsletter of its kind. Contains no advertising. Is insightful, deadly honest, entertaining and informative. Accepts no corporate money. And is beholden only to subscribers.
- Entercom’s Secret Aspen Meetings
- The New Cox Media Group
- Changes to Cumulus Operations
- Townsquare’s Non-Turnaround
- Pittman’s Blueprint for iHeart
- Entercom’s Accelerated Layoffs
- The Sale of Universal Music Group
- What Cumulus is Hiding
- Numbers Tell a Sobering Story on Entercom
- iHeart Firing Employees for Its New Owner