2017 Radio Solutions Lab
Wednesday, April 5
The Hub Conference Center / Philadelphia
2001 Market Street
$695 per person (Regularly $895)
Solutions To Radio's Biggest Challenges
- Reducing High Advertiser Churn – The proven sales program MoreFM, Philadelphia uses to keep advertisers renewing at high rates and premium prices.
- Combatting Competitors Who Cut Rates – Strategies to deal with too many bonus spots, perks to agencies, digital content add-ons and additional costly promotions. Defense against remnant agencies stealing local and regional business for pennies on the dollar.
- Attracting Millennial Listeners – Specifically what this 86 million strong 18-34 money demo wants from radio. Bonus: what Gen Xers and Baby Boomers want.
- Rebuilding Eroding Radio Audiences – Changes in hiring air talent, how to talk to listeners differently, music rotations, handling commercials, updating radio to be cool again in the mind’s of listeners.
- The Morning Show of the Future – The prototype of the new “morning man”. A more authentic way to do premium-priced commercials. A must-have feature more addictive than traffic or weather. The one thing every station leaves out of mornings that in-demo listeners really want.
- Eliminating the 3 Biggest Listener Objections to Radio – How to fix too many commercials, outdated morning shows and ending repetition that turns listeners off.
- Longer Listening – TSL down every year since 1990. New solutions for spot placement. Commercial-free music sweeps. Music rotation. Talk vs. music. The one promotion that will stretch TSL.
- Dealing with Too Many Commercials – New thinking on how to schedule all those shorter spots stations are running. The best placement. Alternative placements in highly competitive situations. Best place in the hour to schedule them (PPM and non-PPM strategies).
- How to Program to Shorter Attention Spans – The cure for the epidemic of listeners who won’t listen to a song all the way through --- even one that they love. What’s the right mix of chatter? Music sweeps. Commercial placement.
- Music Discovery -- How to add the new music young audiences now expect. How that affects hit rotation. The science behind mixes.
- Digital That Makes Money –- Short-form video revenue. Subscription income from P1s. Product placement. Prepare for the next big thing: SnapChat.
- Creating Fresh, New Formats – A new music format and an innovative spoken word format. How to get ahead of this trend: weekend talk shows for music stations.
- Great New Options for AM Radio – What’s next after conservative talk. A Millennial AM station? Seriously?
- Podcasting – As a revenue producer. Or a station placeholder. The #1 podcast in the iTunes Store is an on-air radio show. Does podcasting erode on-air audiences? Selling them for profit.
- The conference starts at 8am with registration and complimentary breakfast.
- The program begins at 9 am and breaks at 12 noon for complimentary lunch.
- All breaks are included in our day together.
- The program ends at 4 pm.
- The Radio Solutions Conference is not available by stream or video.
- Additional faculty: MoreFM Chairman Jerry Lee, Millennial expert & author Morley Winograd and broadcaster turned podcaster Steve Goldstein.
How to Register
Save $200 when you sign up today
Some companies send teams or groups to our conference and special rates are available