- Audacy walked away from WCBS-FM, New York morning personality 8½ years after CBS Radio President Dan Mason hired him but the real story is not what Audacy is publicly saying.
- The surprise executioner.
- A likely replacement who will work for a lot less.
- Is David Field the next retiree?
Report Newstips here
Previously: The Future of Free Radio … Attitudes About Radio Are Changing … Radio Pressured to Sell Podcasting Ads … Audacy Ignoring Their Debt Problem … Beasley Botches Their Own Layoffs … Radio’s Attention Span Problem … Digital Dimes Killing Terrestrial Revenue … Beasley Headed Towards Bankruptcy … The Other Audacy/Beasley Deal … Olivier Rising at Audacy …
You may also like: Audacy Fire Sale Begins … Fears Mediabase Merger Will Hurt Indie Artists … Beasley Could Be an Audacy Merger Partner … The Coming Audacy New York Fire Sale … Sports Betting as the Death of AM Talkradio ... iHeart Accused of Buying Podcast Audiences … Warshaw’s Double Acquisition Rollup … First Look at 3rd Quarter Revenue Projections … The Street Expects Audacy to Sell “Prized” Stations
Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is just public relations -- George Orwell
- A Warning About Vinyl
- The Secret Fight to Takeover Audacy
- Automakers Are Considering Removing Free FM
- A Pivotal Year for iHeart
- Uncharacteristically Negative Field Is Up to Something
- The Arrival of AI-Powered DJs
- A Warning About iHeart Local Ad Sales
- The Hottest Radio Stock You’ll Never Buy
- Bank Slaps Negative Credit Impact on iHeart
- Audacy’s Ides of March Earnings Preview