Quick: what do you do when your company is $20.4 billion in debt and you’re not going to make your numbers in the first quarter?
If you’re iHeart Media, the top guys give themselves a nice raise and get their golden parachutes ready.
I can promise you that a lot of iHeart employees who have to suffer under Bob Pittman (Frick) and Richard Bressler (Frack) are going to be angry when they see this.
If you’re already a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, here is what you will get.
- How much are they appropriating for themselves – it’s huge.
- Why are they trying to sneak this through, don’t they have to deal with the SEC?
- The magic end date (they come right out with it) – is this the day they leave?
- Whoa! Is this a trial run to see if anyone notices? In other words, is there more compensation getting ready to be added to Rich and Bob’s deals.
- What Rich and Bob are doing is considered highly unusual – here’s what most companies do when building a golden parachute for key execs.
The answers begin here.
If you would like to read this story, see an option to gain access to my entire archive of 2,993 pieces and get daily email delivery, see your choices here …
When you see or hear news, report it here. $100 for the best tip of the month. $1,000 for the best tip of the year. You’re anonymous in my Witness Protection Program.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
Next Year’s Philly Conference Date -- April 6, 2016. If you haven’t experienced one of these interactive learning sessions, plan ahead to be there.
Sign up to get these teasers every day for free here
About Inside Music Media: Read by more people than any other media newsletter of its kind. Contains no advertising. Is insightful, deadly honest, entertaining and informative. Accepts no corporate money. And is beholden only to subscribers.
- Fate of CBS Radio Employees in 2019
- Top Sellers Exiting Cumulus
- Losing FM on Smartphones
- Pizzati Raiding Cumulus
- Entercom Investors Panic
- Change of Plans for Lew Dickey
- Making Sense of the Entercom Mess
- The Entercom Programming Cuts
- New Playlists From Listeners' DNA
- Entercom Hired Bain -- Here's Their Advice