I just knew Clear Channel CEO Bob Pittman was going to hide behind an app to cover up the failings of his radio company.
When a CEO’s first action when taking over is to rename the radio company and leave the word radio out of it, he is telling us something we don’t want to hear.
Clear Channel morphed into Media + Entertainment right down to the plus sign (+) and the word “Media”.
But an app is not media.
It’s an app to everyone but Bob Pittman.
Now it is official.
But the title of Pittman’s secret memo to his executive staff in San Antonio said it all – “Subject: Expanding iHeartRadio onto the Terrestrial Platform”.
This is what Clear Channel employees have feared.
And here’s what Pittman has in mind:
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- What comes first – fixing those 25 local radio stations that Pittman vowed to “fix” or migrating the entire radio group over to iHeartRadio?
- What’s Pittman’s so-called “Second challenge”? Better sit down for this.
- How Pittman is changing the main goal of Clear Channel radio.
- What Pittman sees the Clear Channel stations turning into – revealed from this secret memo in his own words.
- Pittman’s next threatened action step and when.
If you would like to see Bob Pittman’s secret memo that exposes his plan to make iHeart “our main source of revenue”, click “read more” below.
Talk to Jerry privately here – your name will not be used.
Fix Subscription issues here.
- 11 Surprises That Will Shock the Radio Industry
- The New Bad Ass CBS Radio
- Startling New Thinking on Free Giveaways
- 7 Things You Don’t Know About 2015 iHeartMedia Plans
- How iHeartMedia Gets Away With $20 Billion Debt
- Screwing Up Cutting Commercials Back
- Relaunch Your Radio Station the Apple Way
- Who Is Going To Buy the CBS/Cumulus Spinoffs?
- How I Made A Half Million Dollars Taking My Own Media Advice
- Bob Pittman’s “New” iBRAINFARTMedia