Let’s be real.
Some radio groups just are not going to make it.
Too much debt, not making their numbers, advertisers mandating 30% digital out of their radio budgets, no digital other than streaming … not good.
But what is amazing is that the groups that are goners are not necessarily the ones you’d think.
Look before you change jobs.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- Clear Channel is going down but are they out – not if you understand Bob Pittman’s one last Hail Mary move.
- What about all those smaller companies like Alpha – keepers or losers?
- How about the Scripps – Journal merger – a good thing or are they no safer than any other company?
- One radio group that is so over, you never saw it coming (and neither did they).
- The only 8 radio companies I’d pick my family up and go work for – these are the radio groups with a future that you should be angling to work for next.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
It happens again and again – another $100 award for the Best News Tip of the Month this week. My anonymous Witness Protection Program is recognized as the safest way to report news or share emails and memos in confidence here.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
Wonder what these stories look like unlocked? Read 5 new FREE samples of Inside Music Media here.
- Townsquare Has Attracted an Interesting Bidder
- Toxic Workplace, CBS Managers War on Entercom
- Budget Panic at Cumulus, the John Kaufman Effect
- Entercom’s Amped Up Cutback Plans
- Cumulus Revenue Shortfall, Sellers Exposed
- Investors Turning, Fear Fake Radio
- Entercom Management Purge, Glorified Sales Managers
- The Growing Threat of SiriusXM
- The Coming AM-FM Music Tax
- Entercom’s Voice Tracking Expansion Plans