So Starbucks is starting a record label.
Will we someday have to use the term "The Big Five" labels when referring to the majors? Even if the record business stinks we can say Starbuck's record business smells great.
Starbucks is aiming to release eight albums in its first year. You'll be able to buy them while you're ordering your coffee, but they are also doing a distribution deal that will enable others to sell their albums as well.
And, Starbucks is launching with a big splash signing Paul McCartney to a one project contract now that he is no longer contracted to Capitol Records. I like McCartney, but I don't&hellip
- Public Market Prepping for Entercom’s Fall
- iHeart In Worse Shape After Bankruptcy
- Entercom Debt Problems
- Connoisseur Becomes a Zombie Company
- Cumulus Bay Area Dilemma
- The Stephens/Mapleton Takeover
- Taylor Swift and the Relevance of Major Labels
- The Cumulus Dallas Sale
- Subscription Radio
- What was Emmis Thinking?