I have a contentious but glorious relationship with one of my readers, a portfolio manager who just loves everything SiriusXM does.
So, he takes me to task and I dish it right back.
Example of his prose about my critical SiriusXM comments: “You keep saying that and they keep putting up numbers unlike your radio shit crowd. And unlike radio, they are pivoting hard and are really good at digital, marketing, a wide breadth of content, sports etc. I might be old..but you are radio and old! :)”
I’m not used to being accused of being a radio apologist so you can see why this is so intriguing.
I mention my friend because he serves as a great introduction to today’s piece on the increasing influence of his favorite media company.
One scenario is they totally disrupt radio and leave it permanently injured. And then there’s the other – that SiriusXM and all the media companies it is acquiring collapses under its own weight.
God knows the “love letter” I’m going to get after this story.
Read the full article now.
- Entercom’s Next Round of Operational Changes
- Beasley’s Dominance over Entercom
- Entercom Salesforce Public Shaming
- The 2nd Cumulus Selloff Including KLOS
- Streaming Music Services Confronting Radio
- Plans for a Second Alpha Media
- Voltair/CBET PPM Enhancements Backfire
- Bye-Bye CBS All-News All the Time
- Nationwide iHeart Downsizing Begins
- New Breeze Soft AC Format Intel