Lew Dickey is armed with a $200 million blank check and a reported ability to raise $1.5 billion to build a new Modern Media company around radio assets.
But why would he want to be a little player, arriving too late to give himself a chance?
Instead, based on loose lips from people close to Dickey, he’s planning to do something that if he actually follows through could be very viable.
- The strategy that prevents his new company from making the mistakes Cumulus made.
- A sampling of the assets Lew could buy.
- Where Lew would NOT buy.
- How he might partner with his former company, Cumulus.
- Any other assets but radio?
- What about brother Fredo – does he have a future at Modern Media.
Access this story now.
No advertising. No corporate money or favors. Beholden only to subscribers who value straight talk over happy talk so much that they are willing to pay for it.
- Entercom’s Salary Dump Begins
- Preview the Deep Personnel Cuts for 2019
- The Cumulus Digital Contradiction
- Auditioning for Mary Berner's Job
- The Cumulus WGN Rumors
- iHeart's Bankruptcy Ball
- Half of Radio’s Workforce To Be Laid Off
- Liberty Media’s Brilliant iHeart Strategy
- Radio Companies on the Brink
- The Fraudulent iHeart Bankruptcy