Did you ever think about how long it took the radio business to fully utilize the FM band?
Some AM radios had FM back in the day, but nobody listened. There was nothing to listen to.
That is until these events occurred: automakers started including FM as an option for new car buyers and then as standard equipment.
And content was created.
Oh yes, and there was the overload of commercials and clutter on the AM dial making FM worth a listen. Previously, you
- iHeart Suspend Benefits, Entercom Fires Part-Timers
- Low on Money, iHeart Readies More Mass “Dislocations”
- Lee Abrams: AM/FM Slowly Destructing
- Cumulus Teetering on Another Bankruptcy
- Multi-Group Layoffs Start Within a Week
- Entercom’s Local Revenue Crisis
- Cumulus Stuck Paying $13 Million for No Baseball Games
- Cumulus Signaling Coronavirus Cutbacks
- Entercom Panics, Mass Layoffs Begin
- The iHeart, Entercom, Cumulus, Townsquare Big Surprises