Did you ever think about how long it took the radio business to fully utilize the FM band?
Some AM radios had FM back in the day, but nobody listened. There was nothing to listen to.
That is until these events occurred: automakers started including FM as an option for new car buyers and then as standard equipment.
And content was created.
Oh yes, and there was the overload of commercials and clutter on the AM dial making FM worth a listen. Previously, you
- Entercom is Pivoting Away from Radio
- The NAB is Helping to Pass Radio Performance Royalties
- 2 Groups to Downsize Their Physical Stations
- For Radio, There’s Townsquare Digital and There’s Not Exactly
- David Field Makes His Bet on Radio News -- It’s Video
- Entercom Considering Talent Changes
- The SiriusXM Takeover of iHeart
- Radio’s Solutions for Record Q2 Losses
- Townsquare Fires Nielsen in All Markets
- Longer Shifts, Stretching On-Air Talent