All Tim Cook needed to do when he announced disappointing quarterly results this past week was to channel none other than our own media creepy clown Bob Pittman.
Talk about the many Apple platforms.
Lie about the future.
And there you go.
Or for poor Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey who presides over one of the most beloved Internet innovations ever who had to actually suck up more losses, promise 9% layoffs and focus those layoffs on sellers (good grief!).
But a little touch of SpongeBob Bossy Pants and you would think that Twitter was out of the woods and ready to make money.
Even Mary Berner is not willing to do the Pittman shuffle when she will have to announce another losing quarter this November 8th. And God knows Cumulus is taking it on the chin with its stock – down 0.5 to $1.55 yesterday – in anticipation of no good news.
So let’s see if we can cut through the optics and get down to the true future of Apple and Twitter because if we are to believe that 18-34 year old Millennials don’t want to listen to radio, then why are they starting to kill Apple and Twitter.
Choose “READ MORE” (below) for …
- So is Apple dead and is Twitter hopeless?
- How Twitter could turn it all around with one decision.
- How do you appeal to consumers and audiences who hate rules?
- The big takeaway for radio about the changing landscape of social media.
- The most important mission we in radio, records and video can undertake is to create lasting relationships.
- Read this if advertising is 90% or more of your profit.
Read the full article now.
Start a subscription here
Report news confidentially here.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
Reserve the date for my Radio Solutions Conference – here.
- SiriusXM’s Curious Investment in SoundCloud
- Townsquare Off the Market, BUT …
- Entercom Selling Even More Stations
- Next iHeart “Dislocation” in Planning Stage
- “Dislocation” Threat to Total Traffic, Premiere & Katz
- The Future of Alpha Media
- iHeart Targeting “Dislocation” Survivors
- Entercom Hiding Growing Debt
- Liberty Slow Rolling the iHeart Merger
- Bombshell Lawsuit: Cumulus Firing Men for Younger Women