Nielsen conducts your market’s ratings.
Nielsen advises on how to beat their own methodology – or at least get the most listeners you can.
For that, they charge a lot of money.
Here are 7 things you never knew about Nielsen ratings – and none of them costs a dime.
There is a better way to win audience without pandering to PPM.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- The stat that you can get on your own with a reputable research company that has strong street market value for local sales.
- But if you must subscribe to Nielsen, a better way to get credit for the most quarter hours without running unlistenable commercial breaks.
- The strategic mistake that PPM subscribers are making that is killing their audience – in other words, win the ratings, lose the audience.
- The maximum humanly possible number of commercial units an hour with PPM that is safe to keep audiences from wandering to other stations or content sources.
- Shocking evidence about music sweeps that go into the next quarter hour to artificially inflate time spent listening (TSL).
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
- The Game Mary Berner is Playing
- iHeart Bluffing Fire Sale
- Unspoken Entercom Financial Problems
- 4 Secrets Cumulus Will Tell the Bankruptcy Judge Dec 21st
- Shocker: iHeart May Default Friday
- The Cumulus Dickey “Poison Pill”
- iHeart in Panic Mode
- 7 Things Cumulus is Not Revealing About Their Bankruptcy
- Entercom's Secret Moves
- 2 More Radio Groups Teetering on Bankruptcy (and Not iHeart)