It takes a lot to shock radio people these days, but I’m going to do it.
Things I’m hearing.
Intelligence from sources close to radio companies.
If these predictions come true – and you know our track record – 2015 will be full of surprises from out of left field.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, here is a preview of some of the surprises that will surprise you.
- News about a company that has been acquiring stations like crazy.
- About Lew Dickey’s shelf life left in radio in terms of years.
- Why you will be calling Alpha Broadcasting “The Leftovers”.
- If you think you know what’s going to eventually happen to AM radio, read this prediction first.
- A shocker about automated radio ad selling.
- What you don’t see coming now that almost every owner is trying to cut spot loads.
- A big CBS Radio syndication announcement.
- A prediction about Howard Stern.
- A surprise from Hubbard.
- One of the most eligible radio execs could stun the radio industry by taking over another group.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
6 new “Free samples” unlocked here.
- Dickey's Resignation from the Cumulus Board
- The Epidemic of Shorter, Cheaper Spots
- Entercom Planning 2 Major Surprises
- Radio's 2 Biggest Problems
- iHeart's Soaring Stock
- Changing How Radio Engages Listeners
- iHeart Major Market Fail
- Competing in Radio After Entercom/CBS
- iHeart's Plan to Dupe Lenders
- Chuck Berry