If you’ve been thinking about attending this local radio conference, let me tell you what you will get …
- Everything you need to replicate the way MoreFM in Philadelphia tests copy for advertisers, how they produce spots that use more than one voice and how this leads to loyalty that virtually eliminates advertiser churn. Jerry Lee will be there to answer specific questions.
- Tactics for dealing with competitors who are driving down your station(s) rates by offering too many bonus spots, costly perks to agencies and digital add-ons.
- How to attract Millennial listeners who now number 75 million between 18-34 not by guessing what they want but by looking at evidence. Author and Millennial expert Morley Winograd is preparing a video that offers specific advice on winning over Millennials. And as an extra, what Gen Xers and Baby Boomers now want from radio.
- A blueprint for rebuilding eroding radio audiences and putting a stop to the Time Spent Listening decline that has gone down every year since the early 90’s. Getting listeners to listen longer.
- You’ll see in detail what the morning show of the future looks like as digital listeners look elsewhere for traffic, weather and transit info. Today’s listeners’ favorite type of radio commercial – yes, we should be doing a lot of these and charging a premium for them. And be introduced to the “morning man” of the future.
- Concrete ways to eliminate the 3 biggest listener objections to radio. Too many commercials, outdated morning shows and ending music repetition that turns listeners off.
- How to program to shorter attention spans. The cure for the epidemic of listeners who won’t listen to a song all the way through --- even one that they love. What’s the right mix of chatter? Music sweeps. Commercial placement.
- How to add the new music young audiences now expect. How that affects hit rotation.
- Digital that makes real money. A cost-effective way to start a revenue stream of commercials, product placement and even paid subscriptions doing station-produced short form video.
- Podcasting that either makes money or is a placeholder for radio. Edison & Triton’s new research shows awareness of podcasting has grown 22% in the past two years. But few podcasts make money. Programmer turned podcast expert Steven Goldstein is preparing a video presentation that shows you how and what topics to begin with.
- Plus, which issues are trending upward for independent and local radio broadcasters so that they may see the future more clearly.
Here’s how to reserve a seat …
Save $100 -- Register
Bring your key people -- Inquire about group rates
The conference is at The Hub Conference Center, 2001 Market Street Philadelphia. Here are some places you can stay -- Nearby Hotels
Conference details …
- The conference starts at 8am with registration and complimentary breakfast.
- The program begins at 9 am and breaks at 12 noon for complimentary lunch.
- All breaks are included in our day together.
- The program ends at 4 pm.
- The conference is not available by stream or video.
- Alexa & Radio
- Entercom Talent Fee Scam
- Draconian Cumulus Non-Competes
- Cumulus Unhinged
- Secret Cox, iHeart & Cumulus Sales Arrangement
- New Name, People, Policies for Post-Berner Cumulus
- Townsquare Desperately Looking For a Buyer
- A New Warning About Entercom
- Leaked Cumulus Vital Statistics
- The Fight for Control of Cumulus