Is it possible that a bigger dick is replacing John Hogan? The Urban Dictionary defines a “dick” as an abrasive man.
Who don’t know that anyway?
But how BIG a dick are we talking about here?
Hogan will look like Dale Carnegie by the time Tom Schurr gets finished with the executions he will preside over for his new bosses.
I’ve got 5 chilling examples of what’s to come.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- In the 5% budget cutback currently underway the old John Hogan would have fired people the old-fashioned way – drag them out of the station with a box of their belongings in their arms. That’s humane compared to what’s coming.
- Why the “new” John Hogan will have more opportunities to come down hard on employees and their careers.
- The new Clear Channel tactic for demeaning people who don’t get fired – yet.
- Over the top quotes from Tom Schurr from Clear Channel employees – get to know the man who will be running radio operations in his own words.
- Schurr’s new Ground Zero – regional markets.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
Sources in my Witness Protection Program contributed to this article. If you are aware of news, memos or emails from any company that need to be put out there, report information in confidence and anonymously here. There is also a $100 award for best tip of the month.
Or, talk to me privately here.
Make your move now to reserve a seat at my March 26th Philly media conference You get me, Sean Hannity, Jerry Lee and Michael Harrison unplugged delivering 7 packets of information on the following critical topics. See them here. Only 3 hotel rooms left at conference rates.
- Jeff Smulyan Torches Bob Pittman
- A Cumulus Threat to Market Managers
- Blowback Over Audacy’s $825,000 Employee Contract
- Programming to Short Attention Spans
- How ChatGPT Can Help a Radio Station
- Radio Groups Pressured to Cut Staff
- Video Podcasts More Popular Than Audio
- How Radio Will Beat FTC’s Non-Compete Ban
- Audacy Bankruptcy Becoming More Likely
- Townsquare May Shut More AM Stations