Tuesday 11 Hubbard firings in Chicago.
Yesterday another 11 in St. Louis.
Hear me out.
If Hubbard put out a news release that they had hired 22 MORE people instead of firing them, it would be seen as a positive sign of growth and stability.
To not see the mass firing of employees before the holidays can easily be seen for what it is.
But Hubbard is not alone.
New intelligence that I will share with you this morning indicates that radio groups are giving up on the concept of live and local and although they’ve been chipping away at it for years, something major has happened now to accelerate the process.
- Townsquare’s a Takeover Target
- Cutbacks On Deck for Entercom
- Katz Strong-arming Stations
- Panic at Entercom
- Nielsen’s Overnight Ratings
- The Emmis, Beasley, Urban One Deals
- Entercom’s Expense Cutting Shortfall
- Radio’s 3 New Rising Competitors
- The Liberty Takeover of iHeart
- Investors Growing Impatient with Entercom