Scott Shannon is about to teach us a valuable lesson in dealing with the Dickeys.
He’s ready to resurface in a way that will make John Dickey wish he had been negotiating with Jillian Barberie.
It’s not nice to humiliate a very proud ratings gorilla in public in front of his legions of fans.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- Who Shannon was negotiating with before Cumulus forced him to “retire” from mornings on WPLJ.
- Where I am hearing Shannon will land – a big gig that would haunt the Dickeys forever.
- The 4 things Shannon is doing that abused radio people should also be doing to fight back. I’d take notes.
- How Shannon is standing up to this favorite impediment that the Dickeys like to use to hurt talent they discard.
- What everyone who has ever worked for Cumulus wants to know! How do you beat these guys at their own game – his formula.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
If you have news, memos or emails, report information in confidence and anonymously here. There is a $100 award available for best tip of the month.
Or, talk to me privately here.
See what is in the pipeline for radio at my Philly Conference here.
- Younger Demos Want These Radio Changes
- Surge Pricing for Radio
- Stupid On-Air AI Tricks
- How Nielsen Is Killing Audience Gains
- iHeart Fast-tracking AI at Stations
- Blocking TikTok’s Knockout Punch to Radio
- The Stakes in Audacy Bankruptcy Talks
- Class of ’27’s Changing Views on Radio
- iHeart is Coming After Your Spot Revenue
- The Effect of Nielsen’s Financial Problems on Radio