This one will be different but just as painful.
iHeart isn’t wasting time.
$200 million in savings by the end of 2020 on top of $50 million from the February “dislocations”.
That means a devastating reduction in workforce indicating the worst is yet to come.
They have a plan for who will get whacked and the timing of future layoffs.
We’re getting the first look at how significantly “dislocation #3” will affect stations and careers at iHeart.
- Blowback Over Audacy’s $825,000 Employee Contract
- Programming to Short Attention Spans
- How ChatGPT Can Help a Radio Station
- Radio Groups Pressured to Cut Staff
- Video Podcasts More Popular Than Audio
- How Radio Will Beat FTC’s Non-Compete Ban
- Audacy Bankruptcy Becoming More Likely
- Townsquare May Shut More AM Stations
- Audacy On a Spending Spree
- iHeart Suckers 43 Air Personalities