If you only knew what is going on behind the scenes at Nielsen Audio Ratings at a time when radio is losing 3% of its revenue (Source RAB, 2nd Q 2014).
Here it is from ad agency and radio execs and Nielsen’s own employees.
What Nielsen doesn’t want anyone to know.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- Finally! How many ratings months it takes for a stable Nielsen ratings number – from the mouth of a Nielsen executive. This is insane. You won’t believe it.
- How Nielsen is reportedly targeting only high usage radio households for placing meters – and the rating numbers still suck.
- Why TV owners are putting the brakes on LPMs outside the top 20 markets – but radio is headed for the full treatment.
- Every other medium gets one important break that radio does not – here it is.
- Ever wonder what the real response rate is for meters – don’t guess anymore.
- And this low level standard that constitutes a response.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
Wonder what these stories look like unlocked? Read 5 new FREE samples of Inside Music Media here.
- Townsquare Faces Bankruptcy Over Debt
- iHeart’s Plan to “Dislocate” Their Competitors
- Cumulus to Sell Assets
- Alpha Media Takeover Within 6 Months
- SiriusXM’s Curious Investment in SoundCloud
- Townsquare Off the Market, BUT …
- Entercom Selling Even More Stations
- Next iHeart “Dislocation” in Planning Stage
- “Dislocation” Threat to Total Traffic, Premiere & Katz
- The Future of Alpha Media