Starting this week, the excuses begin again as radio groups have to reveal record second quarter losses ranging from 25-57% year over year.
And things are not looking up in the current 3rd quarter as COVID and the economy are killing the radio industry.
You can bet the CEOs will doubletalk their way into making gigantic losses like little ones even though the 25-57% losses are Wall Street’s real estimates and do so at their own peril.
It’s impossible for any radio group to survive without bankruptcy or reorganization if these negative trends continue.
There are a few radio groups that actually have a plan that could work or at least mitigate this worst-case scenario.
Two will absolutely survive, two will very likely head into refinancing/bankruptcy in 2021, and one is planning something unorthodox for the radio business.
- iHeart Looks to Expand Total Traffic Network
- The Liberty/SXM Management Shakeup
- An Advanced Look at Radio’s 3rd Quarter Losses
- A Warning About an iHeart Bloodbath
- Monthly Layoffs Ahead at Entercom
- Entercom To Switch 2 Formats a Month to Satellite
- Katz Downsizing
- Liberty’s Next Move After the iHeart Takeover
- iHeart’s Sudden AM Radio Buying Spree
- Competing Against the Liberty/iHeart Double Monopoly