Beasley, Cumulus, Townsquare and even Entercom have the most to lose because Liberty isn’t just looking to takeover iHeart, it’s thinking even bigger.
Scary Predictions for 2019
80% came true last year so what’s ahead for a music performance tax, Mary Berner, Lew Dickey, The Breeze, Entercom’s comeback, 3 groups resorting to auctioning stations, podcasting, voice-activated listening and Spotify.
Projected Ratings of Soft AC “Breeze” Format
PDs tracking early meter results show “The Breeze” is killing it. But unfortunately, Air Supply and friends appear to be killing the wrong thing.
Entercom’s Salary Dump
David Field promised Wall Street Entercom would save $110 million in shared expenses after the CBS merger. As 2019 starts, he’s only half way there. As revenue declines, this promises to get ugly.
Inside Music Media contains no advertising, accepts no corporate money or consideration and is beholden only to our subscribers who appreciate it so much that they pay for it.
- Townsquare’s a Takeover Target
- Cutbacks On Deck for Entercom
- Katz Strong-arming Stations
- Panic at Entercom
- Nielsen’s Overnight Ratings
- The Emmis, Beasley, Urban One Deals
- Entercom’s Expense Cutting Shortfall
- Radio’s 3 New Rising Competitors
- The Liberty Takeover of iHeart
- Investors Growing Impatient with Entercom