Beasley, Cumulus, Townsquare and even Entercom have the most to lose because Liberty isn’t just looking to takeover iHeart, it’s thinking even bigger.
Scary Predictions for 2019
80% came true last year so what’s ahead for a music performance tax, Mary Berner, Lew Dickey, The Breeze, Entercom’s comeback, 3 groups resorting to auctioning stations, podcasting, voice-activated listening and Spotify.
Projected Ratings of Soft AC “Breeze” Format
PDs tracking early meter results show “The Breeze” is killing it. But unfortunately, Air Supply and friends appear to be killing the wrong thing.
Entercom’s Salary Dump
David Field promised Wall Street Entercom would save $110 million in shared expenses after the CBS merger. As 2019 starts, he’s only half way there. As revenue declines, this promises to get ugly.
Inside Music Media contains no advertising, accepts no corporate money or consideration and is beholden only to our subscribers who appreciate it so much that they pay for it.
- iHeart’s All-Podcasting Station
- Radio’s Horniest Buyers
- The Untold Story of the Cumulus/EMF Sale
- Entercom Labor Troubles
- The Westwood One Sale Attempt Revealed
- Spotify & Apple vs. Radio for Hitmaking
- How the Internet Impacts Radio Time Spent Listening
- SiriusXM’s Aggressive Expansion Plans
- The Next Cumulus Markets to be Sold
- Westwood One Bombshell