Now that that son of a bitch John Hogan is out, Clear Channel will be a kinder, gentler company – or so Bob Pittman is spinning it.
It is more of a diaper change than a culture change because as you’re about to learn Pittman’s newly-assembled MTV/Time Warner mafia is about to try some pretty scary Sh#t.
All kidding aside, you’re not going to like what Pittman has won approval from his owners to do with Clear Channel.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- Who is the new John Hogan because no matter what Bob Pittman says publicly he is not going to be doing Hogan’s dirty work. Meet John Hogan v.2 with stories of just how bad his replacement is.
- Why Pittman needs to spin the surprise firing of Hogan as a culture change.
- What about that 5-year contract extension for “The Eye in the Sky” along with private plane and all – that means Pittman will be around for the next 5 years, right?
- Red Flag! Pittman’s war on the regional markets – he will handle the majors, but look what he has in store for the regionals.
- Pittman’s so-called “attack plan” that was leaked in a secret email about a week ago – it’s loaded and ready to go. Here it is.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
Sources in my Witness Protection Program contributed to this article. If you are aware of news, memos or emails that need to be put out there, report information in confidence and anonymously here. There is also a $100 award for best tip of the month.
Or, talk to me privately here.
A little over 2 months until my Philly media conference -- Here is why people are registering.
- Relaxation of Ownership Rules Is Back On
- Audacy on the Clock
- Potential Buyer Awaits Audacy Bankruptcy
- New SiriusXM
- What’s Stalling the Audacy Reorganization
- Is Radio Ready for a Comeback?
- Younger Demos Want These Radio Changes
- Surge Pricing for Radio
- Stupid On-Air AI Tricks
- How Nielsen Is Killing Audience Gains