Rolling cutbacks every month until the end of the year.
It turns out Bob Pittman was just warming up with that 0.5% one-time early January cutback.
Market managers are under the gun.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- How much even markets that are turning a profit now have to cut back every month – that’s right, every month – in expenses. Eye-popping numbers.
- How it could be even more if local clusters continue losing money -- Market managers are up in arms.
- Which markets are exempt.
- Where these drastic monthly cutbacks will come from.
- The unbelievable order Pittman is threatening to issue to all Clear Channel market managers that would in effect cut off their private parts. He’s serious.
- Why Clear Channel’s new rate plans will guarantee no one makes their bonuses producing in effect yet another way to save money.
- Payback? Someone is now watching Pittman’s every move for the owners. The new man pressuring Pittman.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
If you have news, memos or emails, report information in confidence and anonymously here. There is a $100 award available for best tip of the month.
Or, talk to me privately here.
See what is in the pipeline for radio at my Philly Conference here.
- Younger Demos Want These Radio Changes
- Surge Pricing for Radio
- Stupid On-Air AI Tricks
- How Nielsen Is Killing Audience Gains
- iHeart Fast-tracking AI at Stations
- Blocking TikTok’s Knockout Punch to Radio
- The Stakes in Audacy Bankruptcy Talks
- Class of ’27’s Changing Views on Radio
- iHeart is Coming After Your Spot Revenue
- The Effect of Nielsen’s Financial Problems on Radio