This is the worst reduction in force at one time ever even going back to iHeart’s Clear Channel days.
And even though I have been warning of what iHeart will look like under Liberty Media’s ownership, if radio had a Richter Scale, what iHeart is about to set into motion is a 10.
What’s worse, once iHeart does something, the lemmings at Entercom, Cumulus and elsewhere are not likely to continue to have a mind of their own.
iHeart is going to eliminate, consolidate and centralize on a massive level at one time.
The markets that are most vulnerable (and that’s about 85% of them) are going to be devastated – there’s no other word for it.
All this as the Liberty takeover looms and we get a real look at what the radio industry will be like as part of a multi-media platform.
- 65 Unnoticed iHeart Firings That Foretell the Future
- The SiriusXM Model Coming to iHeart
- iHeart To Use Technology for Next Round of Firings
- iHeart Set to Disrupt Market Managers
- iHeart Firings Expanded
- iHeart Prepping for 1 Live Body Per Market
- iHeart Day 2: Programming Takes a Big Hit
- Major Staff Cuts Set at Cox
- Fishy Departure of Cumulus CFO
- Entercom Hack Attack Not Over