This is the worst reduction in force at one time ever even going back to iHeart’s Clear Channel days.
And even though I have been warning of what iHeart will look like under Liberty Media’s ownership, if radio had a Richter Scale, what iHeart is about to set into motion is a 10.
What’s worse, once iHeart does something, the lemmings at Entercom, Cumulus and elsewhere are not likely to continue to have a mind of their own.
iHeart is going to eliminate, consolidate and centralize on a massive level at one time.
The markets that are most vulnerable (and that’s about 85% of them) are going to be devastated – there’s no other word for it.
All this as the Liberty takeover looms and we get a real look at what the radio industry will be like as part of a multi-media platform.
- Apollo to Disassemble Cox Media Group
- Foreign Money Invades Local Radio
- Entercom Cutting Live Jocks – And Winning
- iHeart Prepping Radical Pay Cuts
- Entercom’s Ransacked Station Model
- Cumulus, iHeart & Entercom Takeover Interest
- Spotify’s $100 Million Joe Rogan Podcasting Gamble
- COVID’s Impact on Sports Radio
- Advertiser Complaints Against iHeart, Entercom & Beasley
- Cumulus Hiding Extent of Their Financial Woes