Radio groups can’t survive the advertising implosion based on the coronavirus and the resulting shaky economy that is expected to impact radio for at least the rest of the year.
So, radio groups are moving up the dates of planned layoffs.
These are going to be brutal.
This time, there will be rolling layoffs targeting things that have been previously off-limits as the list of “dislocators” is growing.
What’s troubling is that the coronavirus and sputtering economy are handing failing radio groups a big gift to quickly do what they’ve wanted to do all along.
- Full Disclosure About Entercom “Furloughs”
- Saga Guarantees Sales Commissions
- Cumulus Furloughs Likely to be Long
- Mass Entercom Firings Starting Today
- iHeart 90-Day Furloughs Could Be Permanent
- Townsquare RIFs 65, Concerns for Digital
- iHeart Suspend Benefits, Entercom Fires Part-Timers
- Low on Money, iHeart Readies More Mass “Dislocations”
- Lee Abrams: AM/FM Slowly Destructing
- Cumulus Teetering on Another Bankruptcy