Radio groups can’t survive the advertising implosion based on the coronavirus and the resulting shaky economy that is expected to impact radio for at least the rest of the year.
So, radio groups are moving up the dates of planned layoffs.
These are going to be brutal.
This time, there will be rolling layoffs targeting things that have been previously off-limits as the list of “dislocators” is growing.
What’s troubling is that the coronavirus and sputtering economy are handing failing radio groups a big gift to quickly do what they’ve wanted to do all along.
- iHeart Using BLM to Cut Jobs
- Radio Will Come Back, Advertisers Not So Much
- Will Entercom Ever Pull the Trigger on FM All-News?
- Liberty Media’s iHeart Talent Dump
- Entercom Salary Restoration Funded by More Firings
- Entercom To Fire All Live Talent
- Entercom’s Cost Cuts Beginning to Backfire
- Bombshell: iHeart, Entercom, Cumulus Furloughs Permanent
- Radio Faces 6 Bankruptcies
- New Outbreak of Furloughs