Radio groups can’t survive the advertising implosion based on the coronavirus and the resulting shaky economy that is expected to impact radio for at least the rest of the year.
So, radio groups are moving up the dates of planned layoffs.
These are going to be brutal.
This time, there will be rolling layoffs targeting things that have been previously off-limits as the list of “dislocators” is growing.
What’s troubling is that the coronavirus and sputtering economy are handing failing radio groups a big gift to quickly do what they’ve wanted to do all along.
- Audacy’s Hiring Problem
- iHeart Foreign Sale Still on the Table
- Westwood Done
- Cumulus Fires 9 in One Market
- The Fan-to-Fan Music Revolution
- San Diego Audacy Exodus Resumes
- Big Changes Coming to CHR
- New Cumulus Market Manager Mandate
- Cumulus to Regionalize Business Managers
- Podcasting Is Having Radio Trouble