The numbers you know about Clear Channel are epic.
Nearly $21 billion in debt – more than the city of Detroit by billions.
Billions refinanced at over 10% interest.
Cash flow flying out the door at an all-time record rate even for them.
And those are just the numbers you know about. Here are the ones you don’t know.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- Why Clear Channel markets are way down lower than what Miller Kaplan’s is reporting.
- How huge is the revenue shortfall in their most productive market.
- Why digital revenue will not save radio in 2014.
- How radio is splitting into two separate industries.
- Why Clear Channel market managers are finding it almost impossible to make their numbers.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
This article was made possible by information from sources close to the situation. When you report news, you are automatically in my Witness Protection Program, which has never revealed a source.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
What’s in the pipeline for radio’s future at my Philly conference here.
- SiriusXM’s Curious Investment in SoundCloud
- Townsquare Off the Market, BUT …
- Entercom Selling Even More Stations
- Next iHeart “Dislocation” in Planning Stage
- “Dislocation” Threat to Total Traffic, Premiere & Katz
- The Future of Alpha Media
- iHeart Targeting “Dislocation” Survivors
- Entercom Hiding Growing Debt
- Liberty Slow Rolling the iHeart Merger
- Bombshell Lawsuit: Cumulus Firing Men for Younger Women