A smoke and mirror act has been going on during the current 7% workforce reduction at Clear Channel.
Corporate is making it look like the decision on whom to fire is coming from local managers, but we’ve learned that the list was prepared and even dictated from on-high.
Useful information because, we’re sorry to say, Clear Channel is preparing for yet another large force reduction in the next three months.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- The way the layoff list is now prepared and how the firings will be implemented.
- These 3 things will almost always get talent fired now and in the future at Clear Channel.
- The closest thing to job security for on-air people.
- A different and contradictory set of rules is emerging for how and when to fire sales managers – the astounding evidence.
- The answer to the question how deep can consolidators like Clear Channel and Cumulus go before the layoffs let up. It will surprise you.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription, here.
It’s worth it! You can’t get honest and insightful media information like this anywhere else. Thousands of members are all in. Unlock this story and see for yourself.
- How to Beat Global Music Right’s $150,000 Per Occurrence Fines
- The Bob Pittman Whispers at iHeart
- What Millennials Want from Radio
- The Carpenters Vs. Their Record Labels
- Digital That Makes Radio-type Money
- iHeart CEO Change
- Listeners Check Their Phones Every 6 Minutes
- Cox Layoffs
- Radio's Answer to Rampant Rate Cutting
- Payback is a Bitch at iHeart