You could almost see this coming.
iHeart and other radio groups are already setting up another major salary dump by quoting Edison research.
Entercom has a plan that is even more reckless because it raises the ire of unions, over works their on-air talent and provides even more cover for another reduction in work force.
Speaking of that, the 2nd quarter radio revenue reports are due within the next few weeks and that is the accelerant that will set off more firings.
Even top name talent is now in the crosshairs.
Radio doesn’t need the coronavirus as an excuse for firing, the worse RIF in iHeart’s history occurred before the lockdown this past winter and as usual programming will take the biggest hit.
- Streaming Wants to Be Radio Now
- PD John Ivey Was “Fired" iHeart-Style
- Disney Getting Serious About Selling ESPN
- The Evidence on Running Fewer Ads
- The Six-Figure Jobs iHeart Is Filling
- Ownership Limits May Have to Be Adjusted
- iHeart’s Post-Malone Strategy
- Yesterday’s Audacy Stock Crash
- Defending Against All-Holiday Music Stations
- The Danger of Radio Selling Facebook Ads