Could it get any more disruptive than this?
The only company that can buy iHeartMedia is now slow rolling that acquisition.
Liberty Media is serious enough having purchase an estimated 30-35% of iHeart debt when the company was in bankruptcy. That debt can be converted into equity.
Liberty wants to add iHeart’s terrestrial radio stations to their multimedia platform that includes SiriusXM, Live Nation and Pandora.
Meanwhile iHeart “dislocates” over 1,000 employees in one week and concocts “excellence centers” to initiate more layoffs. Why, if a new owner is coming in?
This begs the question is iHeart doing all of this with Liberty’s approval or does Liberty have other plans for iHeart when it takes over?
- iHeart Using BLM to Cut Jobs
- Radio Will Come Back, Advertisers Not So Much
- Will Entercom Ever Pull the Trigger on FM All-News?
- Liberty Media’s iHeart Talent Dump
- Entercom Salary Restoration Funded by More Firings
- Entercom To Fire All Live Talent
- Entercom’s Cost Cuts Beginning to Backfire
- Bombshell: iHeart, Entercom, Cumulus Furloughs Permanent
- Radio Faces 6 Bankruptcies
- New Outbreak of Furloughs