Subscribers get INSTANT ACCESS here.
Become a NEW SUBSCRIBER and begin with Liberty Media’s Brilliant iHeart Strategy here.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get …
- How Liberty Media’s John Malone has a lock on the iHeart bankruptcy not Bob Pittman and Bain.
- Why an aging satellite company SiriusXM wants to own free radio that comes with its own aging problems.
- But Liberty is not willing to pay more than $1 billion for iHeart -- how it plans to steal the company for pennies.
- When Liberty got control of Sirius they went it alone without Mel Karmazin, remember? If they could live without a master media operator like Karmazin, what happens to Pittman? Turns out it’s complicated.
- Okay, let’s just blurt this out – why does a smart guy like Malone want increasingly irrelevant media companies. Is it just low prices or does he know something other moguls don’t know.
A new subscription also unlocks these full articles …
The Fraudulent iHeart Bankruptcy
Berner: Everything Is For Sales
Cumulus Blows Up Detroit
The Death of Live & Local
The Threat of SiriusXM
Bankrupt iHeart’s $80 Million in Bonuses
Brutal Entercom Firing
Your new subscription includes access to every article for the past year and 4,059 in our archive like these (scroll through/latest first). Everything.
For 27 cents a day, join the thousands of members who read Inside Music Media-- insightful, deadly honest and informative.
Inside Music Media contains no advertising. Accepts no corporate money or consideration. And is beholden only to subscribers who appreciate it so much that they pay for it. Thank you.
- Entercom News & Sports Downsizing
- Alpha Media's Selloff Plan
- Entercom’s Salary Dump Begins
- Preview the Deep Personnel Cuts for 2019
- The Cumulus Digital Contradiction
- Auditioning for Mary Berner's Job
- The Cumulus WGN Rumors
- iHeart's Bankruptcy Ball
- Half of Radio’s Workforce To Be Laid Off
- Radio Companies on the Brink