Lee Abrams thinks we are in a new era of audio entertainment and radio is losing the battle.
Yet there are tools and thinking that can powerfully fight the war for the ears of America.
Radio might be boring itself out of relevance fueled by denial, clichés and dated architecture while its share of the listening pie is shrinking and requires aggressive action to rethink and reimagine itself.
While other technologies are focused on the future, radio is painfully mired in old techniques and denial.
There are solutions for news/talk, production, voices, image enhancers, visual identity, leadership and local but they require extreme imagination and a retooling of thinking.
- The Latest on Furloughed iHeart Employees Returning
- Entercom’s Daddy Issues
- iHeart’s End of June Housecleaning
- Apollo to Disassemble Cox Media Group
- Foreign Money Invades Local Radio
- Entercom Cutting Live Jocks – And Winning
- iHeart Prepping Radical Pay Cuts
- Entercom’s Ransacked Station Model
- Cumulus, iHeart & Entercom Takeover Interest
- Spotify’s $100 Million Joe Rogan Podcasting Gamble