If you still don’t believe that Bob Pittman is as serious as an iHeart-attack to eliminate the expenses related to local radio, maybe this will help.
First, he pulled the trigger on over 1,000 “dislocations”.
Now he plans office and studio “relocations” that are so important to their plan that they are greenlighting them in certain markets.
But all markets will reportedly get these 150 cookie-cutter office/studios on a time schedule that is very ambitious and dependent on the peculiarities of some clusters.
By the end of this year after more “relocations” are forced on employees, we will also get a look at what the physical iHeart station of the future will look like.
It’s important because all the other radio groups that tend to adopt iHeart tactics will be eying it up as well.
- iHeart Using BLM to Cut Jobs
- Radio Will Come Back, Advertisers Not So Much
- Will Entercom Ever Pull the Trigger on FM All-News?
- Liberty Media’s iHeart Talent Dump
- Entercom Salary Restoration Funded by More Firings
- Entercom To Fire All Live Talent
- Entercom’s Cost Cuts Beginning to Backfire
- Bombshell: iHeart, Entercom, Cumulus Furloughs Permanent
- Radio Faces 6 Bankruptcies
- New Outbreak of Furloughs