Sooner or later this had to happen.
But sooner? Really?
With over 1,000 “dislocations” accomplished, iHeart has a plan to eat away at other jobs and make it harder for those who survived the first cut to do theirs.
Some of the second wave of “cost efficiencies” even go beyond the so-called “excellence centers” (regional hubs) and fitting out new offices and studios in virtually all of their 150 clusters – actually, they’ve already started that.
This is worse because it’s going to happen sooner.
- The Actual Cumulus Layoffs Are Worse
- Immediate Cumulus Furloughs, More Coming
- iHeart Racing to Make More Cuts
- Which Radio Furloughs Will Get Recalled
- Full Disclosure About Entercom “Furloughs”
- Saga Guarantees Sales Commissions
- Cumulus Furloughs Likely to be Long
- Mass Entercom Firings Starting Today
- iHeart 90-Day Furloughs Could Be Permanent
- Townsquare RIFs 65, Concerns for Digital