That was fast!
Pittman gets his new 5-year deal and throws John Hogan under the bus.
Now, within one day, he orders every station to cut expenses.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- Why so sudden – Clear Channel fires people every week so what has prompted Pittman to act this early in the New Year as the new John Hogan.
- What is most at risk this time.
- Pittman’s ingenious plan to cut costs without it sticking to his image.
- How the Pittman quick fix plan works, who does the dirty work and when.
- The figure corporate is mandating to be cut from each and every market – and outdoor as well.
- The brutal reaction from Clear Channel employees – you won’t read these unsanitized comments in the happy talk radio press.
- The embarrassing Clear Channel news release on Hogan’s departure – what they forgot to edit out. Calling Sigmund Freud!
- Plus this shocker! The Pittman game plan Clear Channel owners have approved next.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
Sources in my Witness Protection Program contributed to this article. If you are aware of news, memos or emails that need to be put out there, report information in confidence and anonymously here. There is also a $100 award for best tip of the month.
Or, talk to me privately here.
The conference that can change your life March 26th in Philly. Here’s why.
- Jeff Smulyan Torches Bob Pittman
- A Cumulus Threat to Market Managers
- Blowback Over Audacy’s $825,000 Employee Contract
- Programming to Short Attention Spans
- How ChatGPT Can Help a Radio Station
- Radio Groups Pressured to Cut Staff
- Video Podcasts More Popular Than Audio
- How Radio Will Beat FTC’s Non-Compete Ban
- Audacy Bankruptcy Becoming More Likely
- Townsquare May Shut More AM Stations