Very few exceptions.
This is even worse than iHeart’s 1,000 plus “dislocation” firings early this year.
And even though Entercom has been mimicking iHeart’s many cutbacks, they are about to take the lead in firing.
Once iHeart, Cumulus and Beasley see Entercom take this drastic step, they may want the savings that Entercom is having.
Entercom will eliminate a massive number of jobs, consolidate operations and run like a virtual satellite network.
Entercom’s plans are in the final stages according to sources close to the situation.
The details are ugly and sad.
- The Danger of Electric Cars to Radio
- Audacy & iHeart Playing Dirty with Ad Rates
- Townsquare’s Major Expansion
- Cumulus Just Screwed Itself
- iHeart’s Moving to ‘Touchless Radio’
- Average Song Length Nose Dives
- Recession Plans at the Big 3 Radio Groups
- Podcast Listening Slowing & Cratering
- Emmis’ Long Goodbye
- Wall Street Bails on iHeart