Very few exceptions.
This is even worse than iHeart’s 1,000 plus “dislocation” firings early this year.
And even though Entercom has been mimicking iHeart’s many cutbacks, they are about to take the lead in firing.
Once iHeart, Cumulus and Beasley see Entercom take this drastic step, they may want the savings that Entercom is having.
Entercom will eliminate a massive number of jobs, consolidate operations and run like a virtual satellite network.
Entercom’s plans are in the final stages according to sources close to the situation.
The details are ugly and sad.
- Jeff Smulyan Torches Bob Pittman
- A Cumulus Threat to Market Managers
- Blowback Over Audacy’s $825,000 Employee Contract
- Programming to Short Attention Spans
- How ChatGPT Can Help a Radio Station
- Radio Groups Pressured to Cut Staff
- Video Podcasts More Popular Than Audio
- How Radio Will Beat FTC’s Non-Compete Ban
- Audacy Bankruptcy Becoming More Likely
- Townsquare May Shut More AM Stations