Very few exceptions.
This is even worse than iHeart’s 1,000 plus “dislocation” firings early this year.
And even though Entercom has been mimicking iHeart’s many cutbacks, they are about to take the lead in firing.
Once iHeart, Cumulus and Beasley see Entercom take this drastic step, they may want the savings that Entercom is having.
Entercom will eliminate a massive number of jobs, consolidate operations and run like a virtual satellite network.
Entercom’s plans are in the final stages according to sources close to the situation.
The details are ugly and sad.
- Censorship Ploy Sets Up Shutting AM Stations
- The Muzzling of Talk Radio
- Cumulus to Reduce Local Talk Radio
- The Day Talk Radio Died
- Entercom To Rethink Alt Rock
- Cumulus Censors 416 Stations
- Entercom to Regionalize Another Format
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on Listening
- Local Radio Is Killing Podcast Revenue
- Rebranding of Entercom Underway