David Field is officially sweating.
It wasn’t a virus that is causing the start of another round of Entercom firings. It is David Field’s inability to build shareholder value (Entercom stock is worth $1.57).
The KROQ, LA Kevin and friends morning show went first yesterday with more to come soon.
The narrative of how it happened, when it was planned and why these major layoffs will continue across Entercom is a lesson in cold blooded career murder.
Entercom plans to use the coronavirus as an excuse for major firings to cover up its inability to make the company viable.
Field’s emergency plan is chilling involving CBS leftovers with plenty of pain reserved for legacy Entercom employees.
- The Latest on Furloughed iHeart Employees Returning
- Entercom’s Daddy Issues
- iHeart’s End of June Housecleaning
- Apollo to Disassemble Cox Media Group
- Foreign Money Invades Local Radio
- Entercom Cutting Live Jocks – And Winning
- iHeart Prepping Radical Pay Cuts
- Entercom’s Ransacked Station Model
- Cumulus, iHeart & Entercom Takeover Interest
- Spotify’s $100 Million Joe Rogan Podcasting Gamble