Entercom may be in worse trouble than iHeart and yes, Cumulus.
It is now a “Zombie company” that exists to pay its debt.
- In a pandemic-triggered recession, this unbelievable set of circumstances is acting like an accelerant.
- Entercom was a mess before this happened back to the botched CBS Radio merger and any sound company doesn’t have a $1 stock price.
- Bad balance sheet, no workable strategy.
- They could cut more employees but because of its rapid decline that will not be enough.
- Blowback Over Audacy’s $825,000 Employee Contract
- Programming to Short Attention Spans
- How ChatGPT Can Help a Radio Station
- Radio Groups Pressured to Cut Staff
- Video Podcasts More Popular Than Audio
- How Radio Will Beat FTC’s Non-Compete Ban
- Audacy Bankruptcy Becoming More Likely
- Townsquare May Shut More AM Stations
- Audacy On a Spending Spree
- iHeart Suckers 43 Air Personalities