Entercom may be in worse trouble than iHeart and yes, Cumulus.
It is now a “Zombie company” that exists to pay its debt.
- In a pandemic-triggered recession, this unbelievable set of circumstances is acting like an accelerant.
- Entercom was a mess before this happened back to the botched CBS Radio merger and any sound company doesn’t have a $1 stock price.
- Bad balance sheet, no workable strategy.
- They could cut more employees but because of its rapid decline that will not be enough.
- Audacy’s Hiring Problem
- iHeart Foreign Sale Still on the Table
- Westwood Done
- Cumulus Fires 9 in One Market
- The Fan-to-Fan Music Revolution
- San Diego Audacy Exodus Resumes
- Big Changes Coming to CHR
- New Cumulus Market Manager Mandate
- Cumulus to Regionalize Business Managers
- Podcasting Is Having Radio Trouble