Radio is fast adopting outsourcing as a business model.
Nothing is sacred.
The newsroom at Entercom’s 1010 WINS for example is an expense so great that Entercom is urgently looking for ways to cut the head count down.
But now, faced with the inability to grow revenue, control costs and post a real profit that isn’t adjusted to look good, Entercom and Cumulus are ready to adopt new ways to run radio stations as if they were SiriusXM.
How programming, management and sales will be affected at these two radio groups.
Cumulus and Entercom both have ambitious outsourcing plans.
The time frame is aggressive.
Ignoring the risks they are fully aware of – one group has actually tried outsourcing experimentally and it didn’t work – how they are going through with it anyway.
The body count – first real numbers on just how many jobs will be lost in just one job description by year’s end.
- The New Formats Young Audiences Crave
- The Berner Board Battle at Cumulus
- Phase 3 Entercom Cutbacks
- Entercom’s Big Little Lies
- The Fate of the Big 3 Record Labels
- The Cumulus Debt-Reduction Plan
- Townsquare’s a Takeover Target
- Cutbacks On Deck for Entercom
- Katz Strong-arming Stations
- Panic at Entercom