In the next two weeks, Armageddon is coming to Cumulus sellers.
Atlanta is secretly working on a way to weed out sellers they think are bad (hint: the ones who make the most money).
That is, until now.
Here’s your two-week heads up of some bad stuff coming down at Cumulus as their revenue plummets.
- How exactly Atlanta is going to weed these good (expensive) sellers out.
- Whether local market managers who knew their sellers best will get any input in these decisions.
- Beware of “the template” – this is what Atlanta is sending local market managers. I’ll explain.
- The hiring freeze that is coming.
- More anal enforcement of the hated Engage selling software.
- New revelations of specific major market Cumulus stations that are dropping their pants on rates that are so low, forget commissions.
Access this story now …
Report news in confidence here. I’ve got your back in my Witness Protection Program.
Just 6 weeks until my Philly media conference. Reserve a seat at the lowest rate we offer.
Contact Jerry about conference questions and group rates here.
Start your day on a positive note “Out of Bad Marriages Come Good People” on my motivational website here.
Sign up to get these “teasers” emailed to you every day for free here.
- Entercom's $100 Million Cost Cutting
- Next Week’s iHeart Bankruptcy
- Alpha Financial Crisis
- Scripps Sell-off Disaster
- The Dickey Cumulus Hostile Takeover
- The Entercom Management Fail
- iHeart’s Bully Bankruptcy Move Backfires
- A Second Cumulus Bankruptcy
- Cumulus Rate War Against Competitors
- Newspapers Buying Radio Stations