Cumulus CEO Lew Dickey is a lot like Anthony Weiner aka Carlos Danger – both are self-destructive.
“Cumulos” Dickey is playing a dangerous game of chicken with Clear Channel over retaining Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity on 40 of their talk stations announcing plans to replace them.
What is sicker is that Clear Channel loves this stuff – they, too, need a Cumulus deal.
Would you believe me if I told you the two almost had a deal Friday and negotiated all day Monday.
The real story of the pissing match over talk radio’s future.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- Who leaked the story to Politico yesterday that Cumulus was preparing to go it alone without Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. Try as you will, you’ll never guess.
- The reason Dickey called Clear Channel President John Hogan at home in a panic Sunday night.
- For the first time – how much total revenue Dickey’s next three talk replacement hosts are doing in ad revenue as of now. That’s Huckabee, Geraldo and Savage.
- Clear Channel’s innovative Plan B if Cumulus doesn’t agree to an extension of Rush and Hannity’s talk contract. It should be Plan A – it’s actually that good.
- The three most likely scenarios and the one that is so bad it is not even on the table.
- And what everyone wants to know! Who will blink first?
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription, here.
It’s worth it! You can’t get honest and insightful media information like this anywhere else. Thousands of members are all in. Unlock this story and see for yourself.