If you look at a map of Clear Channel stations, you can predict the next stations and markets to get wiped out by layoffs.
So, let’s go to the map.
They’ve taken onetime CEO Randy Michaels Hub & Spoke system and turned it into a blueprint for where to fire next.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- The best way to foresee which market manager will be fired next – it’s becoming all that predictable.
- The large markets that will be used to strip smaller surrounding markets of its expensive employees.
- The best-case scenario for regional and major market stations.
- If a smaller market station is within this range, the local management is likely to be toast.
- Question! Why doesn’t CEO Bob Pittman like regional stations or majors that employ local talent? The answer explains Clear Channel’s strategy.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription, here.
It’s worth it! You can’t get honest and insightful media information like this anywhere else. Thousands of members are all in. Unlock this story and see for yourself.
- Why Wall Street is hating on Beasley
- Lew Dickey's new company has a change of plans
- Liberty wants to add 2 more media mergers to the iHeart takeover
- CEOs publicly talk up radio’s future but secretly look to diversify
- Are any radio groups safe? These 3 are bullet proof
- Entercom really is in trouble and, yes, David Field could even lose the company
- Cumulus is now onboarding new people to fire a large number of existing employees
- While Cumulus was pivoting to digital, Westwood One just got hit with major defections
- The 80’s Infusion – Is Adding More 80’s Music Working Out
- Townsquare’s Demise – What It Means