I used to think John Hogan was good for a couple of more years because Bain gave him a raise, contract extension and benefits.
Gone when Bob Pittman needed a scapegoat to blame for declining billing.
Now Pittman’s job is on the line and sources say Bain is concerned about the direction the company is taking.
Clear Channel after Pittman promises to be very complicated.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- How much time does Pittman have left as CEO of Clear Channel.
- How will Bain handle that big new contract extension SpongeBob got last year?
- Three people who could be Pittman’s successor and what it means to the radio group.
- Who the favorite is to replace Pittman and who is the long shot.
- How a new CEO will handle programmers and on-air talent.
- The outlook under a new boss for sellers who are now being RIFed at a record pace.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
Report News and enter my Witness Protection Program which has never revealed a source.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
I’m speaking on “Radio In the Digital Age” at The Talkers Conference in New York June 20th – register here. Hope to see you there.
- The Game Mary Berner is Playing
- iHeart Bluffing Fire Sale
- Unspoken Entercom Financial Problems
- 4 Secrets Cumulus Will Tell the Bankruptcy Judge Dec 21st
- Shocker: iHeart May Default Friday
- The Cumulus Dickey “Poison Pill”
- iHeart in Panic Mode
- 7 Things Cumulus is Not Revealing About Their Bankruptcy
- Entercom's Secret Moves
- 2 More Radio Groups Teetering on Bankruptcy (and Not iHeart)