I used to think John Hogan was good for a couple of more years because Bain gave him a raise, contract extension and benefits.
Gone when Bob Pittman needed a scapegoat to blame for declining billing.
Now Pittman’s job is on the line and sources say Bain is concerned about the direction the company is taking.
Clear Channel after Pittman promises to be very complicated.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- How much time does Pittman have left as CEO of Clear Channel.
- How will Bain handle that big new contract extension SpongeBob got last year?
- Three people who could be Pittman’s successor and what it means to the radio group.
- Who the favorite is to replace Pittman and who is the long shot.
- How a new CEO will handle programmers and on-air talent.
- The outlook under a new boss for sellers who are now being RIFed at a record pace.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
Report News and enter my Witness Protection Program which has never revealed a source.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
I’m speaking on “Radio In the Digital Age” at The Talkers Conference in New York June 20th – register here. Hope to see you there.
- The CBS Merger in Trouble
- The Fate of Walker & Milner at Cumulus
- Townsquare's Rescue Plan
- The Surprise Entercom/CBS Spin-off Buyer
- Less than 2 Months Cash Left at iHeart
- Crackdown on Cumulus Market Managers
- iHeart -- Low on Operational Cash
- Entercom-CBS DOJ Desperation
- Cumulus Cutting Employees’ Pay
- The Acquisition Entercom Does After the CBS Merger