I get that radio lives in an alternate reality that it so laced in happy talk that they have ignored the signs of a declining industry long before COVID-19.
But a major market advertiser is so irked, they have complained to iHeart, Entercom & Beasley for sitting on their hands and helping themselves before helping their clients.
They’re outing a lazy radio industry that assumes that when all of this over, these must-have advertisers will simply return.
This will open some eyes because it gets specific about what radio stations need to do to win back essential advertisers.
And it’s the opposite of what most radio stations are doing.
Local advertisers are madder than hell and they’re now vocally threatening to take their ad money elsewhere – consider this a wakeup call.
- Audacy’s Troubled Bankruptcy Talks
- The Fix is in for Radio Boards of Directors
- A Surprising Winner in Post-Pandemic Radio Revenue
- Radio’s Cash Infusion Secrets
- One Side Ready to Blink in Audacy Bankruptcy
- What if Audacy Employees Threaten to Leave Unless Board Quits
- Unraveling at Urban One
- iHeart Trade/Barter Secrets
- New Cash Crisis at Audacy
- What iHeart Is Covering Up