I get that radio lives in an alternate reality that it so laced in happy talk that they have ignored the signs of a declining industry long before COVID-19.
But a major market advertiser is so irked, they have complained to iHeart, Entercom & Beasley for sitting on their hands and helping themselves before helping their clients.
They’re outing a lazy radio industry that assumes that when all of this over, these must-have advertisers will simply return.
This will open some eyes because it gets specific about what radio stations need to do to win back essential advertisers.
And it’s the opposite of what most radio stations are doing.
Local advertisers are madder than hell and they’re now vocally threatening to take their ad money elsewhere – consider this a wakeup call.
- NAB’s Fight for Survival
- Nielsen Accepting Nearly 70% Discounts
- iHeart Debuts 1 PD for 7 Stations
- The 2 New Vaccines and Live Events
- Cumulus Escalating Asset Sales
- Questions About iHeart’s National Contests
- Nielsen to Ad Agencies: Don’t Buy Radio
- Entercom On Track for 2022 Bankruptcy
- iHeart Moves to Eliminate Engineers
- Podcasting Is a Fraud Killing Radio