Rush Limbaugh’s death certificate lists his occupation as “the greatest radio host of all time” but it could more accurately read “the last radio host of all time”.
No one can replace Rush Limbaugh not just because he has died but because owners have been relying on him for decades to keep their AM stations alive appealing to older listeners – now changes are coming.
- Erosion of Limbaugh’s audience has rubbed off on other stations not just Rush affiliates and group owner’s are just guessing at what to do next.
- Listeners are being siphoned off by the oddest programs – an unexpected and dangerous consequence to the talk format and AM radio.
Share this story here.
Talk to Jerry privately here
Confidential Newstips here
- iHeart’s Plan to Take 100% of Local Buys
- Larkin’s Audacy Cuts
- Audacy’s Unspoken Plan to Avoid Bankruptcy
- The Cox Radio Sale Finalists
- The Mother of All Audacy Expense Cuts
- iHeart Revenue Wins at Audacy’s Expense
- The Big New Revenue Source Cumulus is Hiding
- Audacy Faces Bankruptcy Next Year
- Details of Apollo Cox Selloff Revealed
- Apollo Explores Selling Cox Radio