Emmis sold ¾ of its New York stations, retains ¼ ownership and gets paid to manage them.
Cox sells TV and radio and retains minority ownership and management stays in place.
There’s a trend developing here to take advantage of declining station prices and help owners get out of the debt business.
In fact, there’s a third group thought to be ready to sell partial ownership next.
- Concern About Entercom’s Future
- Townsquare Digital Revenue Exposed
- Cox Radio Takeover Layoffs
- iHeart Efficiency Experts
- Field Revises Entercom Cutbacks
- The Coming Cumulus Bankruptcy #2
- Entercom Hacking Exposes Competitors, Advertisers
- The Entercom Hacking Coverup
- Entercom Hacked, Personal Info Breached
- Nervousness At iHeart