Cumulus originally spent $260 million to buy Westwood One and with that acquisition buried itself in debt.
But does Cumulus really need Westwood One now?
- Who is the “surprise buyer” who could make Mary Berner a very nice offer.
- What’s wrong with Westwood One?
- Why Westwood One would be better off in the hands of a new owner.
- The two radio groups that need Westwood One more than Cumulus.
- What’s the scenario under which Westwood takes on this investment partner.
Access this story now.
No advertising. No corporate money or favors. Beholden only to subscribers who value straight talk over happy talk so much that they are willing to pay for it.
- Full Disclosure About Entercom “Furloughs”
- Saga Guarantees Sales Commissions
- Cumulus Furloughs Likely to be Long
- Mass Entercom Firings Starting Today
- iHeart 90-Day Furloughs Could Be Permanent
- Townsquare RIFs 65, Concerns for Digital
- iHeart Suspend Benefits, Entercom Fires Part-Timers
- Low on Money, iHeart Readies More Mass “Dislocations”
- Lee Abrams: AM/FM Slowly Destructing
- Cumulus Teetering on Another Bankruptcy