Cumulus originally spent $260 million to buy Westwood One and with that acquisition buried itself in debt.
But does Cumulus really need Westwood One now?
- Who is the “surprise buyer” who could make Mary Berner a very nice offer.
- What’s wrong with Westwood One?
- Why Westwood One would be better off in the hands of a new owner.
- The two radio groups that need Westwood One more than Cumulus.
- What’s the scenario under which Westwood takes on this investment partner.
Access this story now.
No advertising. No corporate money or favors. Beholden only to subscribers who value straight talk over happy talk so much that they are willing to pay for it.
- Entercom’s Salary Dump Begins
- Preview the Deep Personnel Cuts for 2019
- The Cumulus Digital Contradiction
- Auditioning for Mary Berner's Job
- The Cumulus WGN Rumors
- iHeart's Bankruptcy Ball
- Half of Radio’s Workforce To Be Laid Off
- Liberty Media’s Brilliant iHeart Strategy
- Radio Companies on the Brink
- The Fraudulent iHeart Bankruptcy