Cumulus originally spent $260 million to buy Westwood One and with that acquisition buried itself in debt.
But does Cumulus really need Westwood One now?
- Who is the “surprise buyer” who could make Mary Berner a very nice offer.
- What’s wrong with Westwood One?
- Why Westwood One would be better off in the hands of a new owner.
- The two radio groups that need Westwood One more than Cumulus.
- What’s the scenario under which Westwood takes on this investment partner.
Access this story now.
No advertising. No corporate money or favors. Beholden only to subscribers who value straight talk over happy talk so much that they are willing to pay for it.
- Next iHeart “Dislocation” in Planning Stage
- “Dislocation” Threat to Total Traffic, Premiere & Katz
- The Future of Alpha Media
- iHeart Targeting “Dislocation” Survivors
- Entercom Hiding Growing Debt
- Liberty Slow Rolling the iHeart Merger
- Bombshell Lawsuit: Cumulus Firing Men for Younger Women
- iHeart’s Sudden Obsession with Debt Reduction
- iHeart to Build 150 Identical Office/Studios Nationwide
- Entercom Eliminating Live Talent After 8pm